1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Bavi11, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bavi11

Bavi11 Thread Starter

I installed a new program on my laptop and forced cancelled in the middle because of the long time
    now my laptop is not loading it stuck in the welcome screen
    by the way I've forgot my password and remember my picture password only
    and i don't have a password reset disk
    is there any way fix it without loosing the files?

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    It is against forum rules to assist with forgotten passwords. So you will need to use your picture password.

3. Tabvla

Tabvla

Hi Bavi11, welcome to the TSG Forums.... :D

As Jay has already advised you it is against Forum rules to help with "lost" Passwords, so you won't get any help with that.

However, if you tell us what you were doing, what program you were trying to install, and the sequence of events before, during and after the event then we may be able to help.

With regards to your Login, how do you login..? Do you use a Microsoft Account or a Local Account... ?

T.

4. Bavi11

Bavi11 Thread Starter

hi Tabvla,
    I use a local account to login
    I've tried to install Photoshop cs 5 through a pen drive behalf of the installation laptop got very slow stuck
    and it takes more time so i just removed the pen drive and try to cancel the installation but it didn't respond then i shut down it using the power button'
    now i turn on the laptop it goes to the welcome screen and ask for password and I gave the picture password it get to loading but nothing changes after a while it goes to sleep mod
    so i decide to refresh
    i get through
    shift+restart>trouble shoot>refresh your pc
    then i have to enter my text password there's no option to switch to picture password
    is there any ideas to fix this issue?

5. Tabvla

Tabvla

If you login using a Local Account and you don't have a Password Reset Disk..... then you have a problem that this Forum cannot help you with - and I am sure that you understand why.

For the future, when you have got things sorted, my advice is to create an Outlook.com Account with a VERY strong password and then create an Administrator Account on your computer that uses that Outlook.com account to login. If you forget your password and if you are the genuine owner of that Account then you can reset your password through the Outlook.com Account. Microsoft's security on Outlook.com is very tight and is in my view the best Account security currently available, so the risks associated with setting this up are infinitesimally small - you have a better chance of going to Mars with one of Elon Musk's spacecraft, than breaking the security on Outlook.com.

Have you tried to login using Safe Mode..?

T.

6. Bavi11

Bavi11 Thread Starter

ya I've tried safe mode and it asks for text password

7. Tabvla

Tabvla

OK. There is a way to rescue your personal files (providing you have not activated BitLocker) without a password. But as your post involves issues around a password I need Moderator approval before I can tell you what to do.

Right now I suggest that you do nothing until a Moderator says that it is OK for me to help you to rescue your personal files.

T.

8. Bavi11

Bavi11 Thread Starter

I've got my password back and fixed it just now and thx a lot Tabvla

9. Bavi11

Bavi11 Thread Starter

Thx Jay

10. Tabvla

Tabvla

You're welcome.

And of course the first thing you are going to do is create a Password Reset Disk.... yes...:cool:

You can mark this Thread as "Solved".

T.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141773

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice