1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by beanpole, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. beanpole

beanpole Thread Starter

problems in log in site. i can get to the prompt page but no further. i tried the refresh button and still nowhere

2. cavtek

cavtek

what are you having problems logging in to..

3. beanpole

beanpole Thread Starter

i can't log into dell
    into postini
    into my dads mail service and i could before
    and e-bay
    and none of these are new.
    i had to enable cookies again just to get to the log in
    this all started after getting the microsoft 2 service pack immediately after

4. cavtek

cavtek

much better. i see the refresh thing didnt work. also check your messages. just under where it says WELCOME BEANPOLE...ron...

5. Gordon19

Gordon19

Yeah man I had a lot of problems with SP2, I couldn't even log on to my machine. So I did a parallel install just to get in my original OS :mad: Then moved all my stuff to another PC and did a fresh install, couldn't even do a repair. I don't think its all that it's cracked up to be. (n)

6. cavtek

cavtek

.... :eek:....can some one help beanpole, shes having trouble getting into mail accounts etc after installing sp2 service pack and had to reenable cookies just to get into TSG..

7. zmaster

zmaster

Well its a bit vague. What exactly happens after you type your member name + password? Does it bring up any error messages? Are you running any anti-virus software? Try disabling the firewall that comes with sp2 temporarily

8. pfurball

pfurball

Howdy. it might be worth checking out the known Microsoft conflicts with the SP2 pack, I think CNet or ZDNet did a review of known issues. I bet it will have something to do with the firewall that has been enabled with the SP2 service pack. It conflicts with existing firewalls and will probabley need adjusting so as to access accounts that need certain permissions. I downloaded something on how to do it at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=842242. If you can't get the page, email me and I will scan and email it to you. It is Microsoft Knowledge Base Article-842242. Hope this helps.:)

9. cavtek

cavtek

........... :d ...........

10. Dust Sailor

Dust Sailor

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=884130&product=windowsxpsp2 Have a look at this page and see if any programs you have on your computer conflict with SP2 . If so uninstall them or look for updates is worth a try . Uninstall SP2 is also an option It should be in add/remove. Then remove any conflicting programs . Have a look at the many problems people have been having with SP2 on this forum and decide if you really need it right now . It may be worthwhile waiting for a while to see if Microsoft comes up with any fixes in th enext month or so .

11. cavtek

cavtek

...beanpole cant make it to the forum tonight. its thunderstorming where she lives tonight and shes scared to flip the ignition switch on her dell. anyway, gordon19..zmaster..pfurball.. and dustmaster...thanks for your replies. hopefully she can get back here sometime tomorrow and get her machine fixed...thanks again.. (y)

i know, this looks like anotherd one of my dumb posts. but it isnt...watch....BUMP... :D

12. beanpole

beanpole Thread Starter

can anyone help me disable my xp?

13. cavtek

cavtek

beanpole means XP FIREWALL>>>>

14. zmaster

zmaster

Click Start, Control Panel, double–click Network Connections, right-click the desired connection, Properties, Advanced tab, Under Internet Connection Firewall, uncheck the Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access to this computer from the Internet check box. This should only be done temporarily. Do you have any other firewalls? I'm not at home at the moment so i can test this myself. but if the xp firewall is causing you the problems you should be able to configure it.

15. beanpole

beanpole Thread Starter

i am going to do it first thing in the morning. thanks

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273703

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice