1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Arnor88, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Arnor88

Arnor88 Thread Starter

Hello,

I am using a HP ProBook 6560b (Win 7 Pro x64) laptop which comes with a fingerprint scanner, which I want to be able to use to log in to Windows. This has got me stumped right now though, and I can't find a solution for this problem online. Here's hoping you guys know what the problem is :)

A few more details: The computer came with a bundle of HP programs, and after considering them and what they had to offer I uninstalled nearly all of them. As I said before, I want to be able to use the fingerprint scanner, and the only thing I've found so far which uses it is the HP ProtectTools. This program only allows me to link my fingerprint to credentials FOR various login screens (websites, programs, etc) AFTER I've logged into Windows using a password.

This function doesn't interest me. Do you guys have any idea how I can start using the fingerprint scanner to log in to Windows ?

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    I would think that theres a driver for that and when installed it sometimes asks you what kind of install do you want a typical one or a custom one. I think under typical it should give you the option of just having it scan when you first log into windows only.Be careful tho i have that feature in 2 of my older ibm laptops and somehow i messed up and got locked out of my computer. i had to pull out the drive and remove the driver and never used it again.I guess its a nice feature to have when its done right but if not it can create a headache you dont need.

3. Arnor88

Arnor88 Thread Starter

Yeah, I thought so too, but I'm having no luck finding one for my model. All I've found so far is the HP "bloatware", which doesn't accomplish what I want it to. I hope someone has an idea for me, but thanks for yours SUEOHIO :)

4. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    You are very welcome.If the computer didnt come with that feature or theres not a specific driver for it im not sure you will be able to have that then.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031562

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice