1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Log on to Windows password

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by michaeleast1, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. michaeleast1

michaeleast1 Thread Starter

I went into the User Profiles in the control panel and disabled all the users (thinking this would stop me from having to log in every time). Then, I shut down the computer and rebooted. Imagine the butterflies when I seen the "Logon to windows" box pop up. Nevertheless, I entered my password and it says user has been deactivated or something and says "see your administrator". Well, I am the administrator - What the heck did I do. Tell me its not the end of the world for my computer. How do I get back into the system and reactivate my user account?

2. jmwills

jmwills

Boot into safe mode and use the Administrator account. You did not have to delete the user accounts.

3. michaeleast1

michaeleast1 Thread Starter

Im not sure how to do that

4. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

When you turn on the PC start hitting F8, a screen will ask you what you want to do, one of the choices is boot into safe mode.

5. jmwills

jmwills

Actually, depending on the BIOS, it could be any number of keys. Just watch the first screen at POST and it will tell you which key will allow boot options.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/424113

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice