1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Logged into temporary user profile...lost all administrator files

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by barbershoppe, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barbershoppe

barbershoppe Thread Starter

Hi i am in desperate need for help and i think i've done the most dumbest thing ever

I have a Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium

AMD ATHLON(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+

i had just recently had restarted my computer in order for it to update and i logged into my Administrator account and it said "Preparing Your Desktop" instead of "Welcome like it usually does...like it was a whole new account

and there was a message @ the bottom saying that "you have been logged on with a temporaly profile, change you make to this profile will be lost when log off"

i checked my disk space to see if it was still the same and if any files have been removed and it was still the same as before 194g/298g...all my files were still intact but they were not showing

i then went into C:/Users/(My Account) and was relieved to see that all my files were there

so here is were my stupidity came into to play i had moved all my administrator files to the temporary user profile account thinking that they would be safe...so i went ahead and logged out :eek:... @ the time i did not think that moving my administrator files to the temporary profile would mean that i would lose them

i logged back in and all the files were gone ...i checked my disk space again and it changed 212g/298g..so i pretty much panicked thinking they were gone for good...i know their still on my hard drive though...im just not that high-tech on how to gain the access to them back...HELP!! HELP HELP!!! those files are extremely important...ive tried system restores and undelete apps and got no success...PLEASE HELP IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!

MY E-MAIL IS : [email protected]

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

What part of this message did you not understand?

"change you make to this profile will be "lost" when log off"

The more you use the PC the less chance you have at recovering your files, turn it off.

If the files are irreplaceable you will either have to have a professional recover them (expensive) or attempt it yourself.

Remove the hard drive from that PC, install it in a external USB hard drive enclosure, then connect it to another PC that has this software already installed and ready to use
    http://www.runtime.org/data-recovery-software.htm
    Then use the software to scan the entire drive, (takes quite some time) when it is done you can look at the results of the scan and choose the files/folders you wish to recover.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/836383

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice