1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Logged On" and "1 program running"

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lunchbox111, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lunchbox111

lunchbox111 Thread Starter

Hey, if you have multiple windows xp accounts, and go to change users, and you still have something running it always says "1 program running" or however many you have running, is there any way to disable that?

2. Dave Danger

Dave Danger

"Log off" the first user instead of "switching" users.

3. lunchbox111

no...i still want to be logged on..i guess what i am asking is how to hide processes

4. Dave Danger

Dave Danger

Researching additionally, is this XP Home or Pro ?, and is your computer networked in a domain or workgroup? SP1 or SP2 ?

5. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Dave, if he is using Fast User Switching, he would not be on a Domain. You cant use Fast User Switching if the computer is joined to a Domain. I dont think it would matter if it is XP home or pro.

I am wondering if this is something similar to XP reporting your unread emails on the Welcome Screen. There is a reg hack for that. maybe there is one for running programs.

6. Dave Danger

Dave Danger

Squashman, I perused the reghack for removing the e-mail notification, but saw nothing that referenced the "Programs Running" line.. still looking. And you're right about the fast user switching/domain as well. I was just trying to get maximum info for research purposes.

7. lunchbox111

xp home
    no network
    never install windows updates :/

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/349000

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice