Logging home phone use (time) on pc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

n0nickrick

Hello. Is there any software that will allow me to monitor how long the home phone line is in use? I do not want to record the calls, just monitor how many hours a day the home phone is in use. Knowing if they are incoming or out going calls would be nice, but not a necessity. I have a DSL setup, so the phone and pc can be used simultaneously. Id appreciate any ideas on if and where such software can be obtained. Thank you.

etaf

Wayne
There is software to measure the bandwidth used on a computer available, freeware, But I'm not sure that is what you are after
Your ISP may know the bandwidth used - my provider ukonline if i call will tell me, although I do not bother as its unlimited TALKTALK however have a metered service 40GB a month and in the UK has a meter you can login to and see how much you have used a month

Phone calls made - should be on your bill...
Phone calls received, not sure - you may need to ask the telephone provider

What are you trying to achieve ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online