1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Logging home phone use (time) on pc

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by n0nickrick, Apr 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n0nickrick

n0nickrick Thread Starter

Hello. Is there any software that will allow me to monitor how long the home phone line is in use? I do not want to record the calls, just monitor how many hours a day the home phone is in use. Knowing if they are incoming or out going calls would be nice, but not a necessity. I have a DSL setup, so the phone and pc can be used simultaneously. Id appreciate any ideas on if and where such software can be obtained. Thank you.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    There is software to measure the bandwidth used on a computer available, freeware, But I'm not sure that is what you are after
    Your ISP may know the bandwidth used - my provider ukonline if i call will tell me, although I do not bother as its unlimited TALKTALK however have a metered service 40GB a month and in the UK has a meter you can login to and see how much you have used a month

Phone calls made - should be on your bill...
    Phone calls received, not sure - you may need to ask the telephone provider

What are you trying to achieve ?

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

VoIP services have a call log that details every call.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918750

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice