1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Logging in via any browser

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Numan, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Numan

Numan Thread Starter

I found this site while trying to find someone who has had a similer problem to mine but since no one seems to have I hope someone here can help me!

As the name suggests I cannot log into any sites such as email accounts, forums (im on the housecomputer atm), facebook etc BUT I can still log into my bank account so im not sure if this is a security/cookie problem. Even downloaded opera to try and see if it worked on that to no avail. Thank you in advance this problems been annoying me for ages..

oh I forgot to mention, I can log into my email account on my computer but only through outlook

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Check cookies. The bank is https so doesn't use cookies for authentication.

3. Numan

Numan Thread Starter

I dont know if i bothered with IE as i dont use it much but ive enabled cookies on firefox and I still have the same problem

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Are you using any anti-spyware, proxy, or other software that might block cookies? Are the cookies actually in your cookies folder?

Do the sign-ins use javascript?

Test your browser for functioning plug-ins (Flash, Java, scripting and javascript, etc.):

Browser Test Page

5. Numan

Numan Thread Starter

right i did a quick test on www.pageout.net/page.dyn/cookie_tester and it is my cookies thats the problem... The software im using for anti-spyware is spyware doctor, anti-virus AVG free edition and firewall windows and mcafee. These have been set to allow cookies though and even when turned off (part from the windows) I still cannot get the cookies to work (although there are cookies from sites like google in the folder)

as for the plugins everything seemed to work except for VBScript, but since it doesnt on this computer either I dont think thats important

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

VBScript may be your problem. Chances are that your antispyware is blocking it. Check your settings and also check that the defaults are set for security in Internet Options.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702986

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice