Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
771 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  etaf 
#1 ·
Hello! I have a slight problem with signing into my new HP laptop. I was bought this laptop as a birthday present not that long ago. My usual Email which I use for everything is with Google, so when I got this laptop I made a new email simple for the new laptop. I had the password to my email and my laptop saved on my iPhone. Usually when I log into my laptop it asked for the four digit number password I set up, but I didn't use my laptop for while and when I go on it now it asks for my password to the email linked to my account. Unfortunately it won't accept the password (I don't recall changing it), I'm certain of the last password I used on this email as I have it saved. Anyway, it also will not work it if try to log into just my email account via my phone, so I did the normal thing of trying to reset my password, now when I try and reset it, it asks some security questions, like my name, age address etc, which I can obviously answer, then it asks for email addresses which I have recently sent emails to from that account and subjects of emails I have recently sent, but I cannot answer these questions as I have never sent nor received emails from this email address as I do not use it, but without that information it won't allow me to reset my email, I've tried to ring Microsoft to sort it out but it just tells me to use the "reset password" page on their website then cuts me off.. I'm a bit stuck, what can I do to get into my email and laptop?! Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

See less See more
#2 ·
the gmail email you would have registered as a microsoft account - so its the microsoft account you are trying to change
NOT your gmail email info
two separate systems - gmail is your email and MS is the PC
so you need to change the password of the MS account
to do that you goto
outlook.com
which is where the MS account is registered
you then click on the forgotten password link
Forgotten my password
Then you enter the email address - which is your gmail email
and then follow the procedure
if you setup your mobile phone - you will get a text with a code to enter and change the password
if you gave an alterantive email address - then the code will be sent to that email
otherwise security questions (which I'm not sure MS ask for - or at least have not the last few weeks where i have set this up for someone )

there is very little help we can give regards password on the forum - so they will be a point where the thread will be closed and no further assistance will be given
as stated in our rules
https://forums.techguy.org/help/rules/
Bypassing Passwords (read more)
Please do not ask for assistance with (or ways to bypass) a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site. As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.