Logging off after remote session

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

narutrix

I have a windows 7 desktop at the office which I leave on so I can remotely connect to it (at home) via VPN. Problem is, after the remote session my Win 7 Desktop logs off, which I find annoying since I leave open documents as is for my work the next day. How can I disable this feature? I don't have this problem with Win XP :(

valis

how are you exiting the RDP? Are you logging off the remote machine, or just closing the RDP?

valis

in the rdp computer just hit start > log off, that should cure it. when you just close the rdp, you are still logged on; however, when it times out (xx amount of time after last input) it sounds like it's kicking you off.

Also, are you the only one with access to this box?

rikai

Matt
You can use the Task Manager (when logged in locally) and log off the user that is disconnected

narutrix

in the rdp computer just hit start > log off, that should cure it. when you just close the rdp, you are still logged on; however, when it times out (xx amount of time after last input) it sounds like it's kicking you off.

Also, are you the only one with access to this box?
If I log off, it will still close the documents that I've opened when I'm remotely connected, right? That's what I don't want to happen. Yes, I'm the only one who can access the box.

By RDP, I meant I'm using windows' MSTSC (after VPN) to connect to my computer at the office.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online