1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Logging off after remote session

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by narutrix, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. narutrix

narutrix Thread Starter

I have a windows 7 desktop at the office which I leave on so I can remotely connect to it (at home) via VPN. Problem is, after the remote session my Win 7 Desktop logs off, which I find annoying since I leave open documents as is for my work the next day. How can I disable this feature? I don't have this problem with Win XP :(

2. valis

valis Moderator

how are you exiting the RDP? Are you logging off the remote machine, or just closing the RDP?

3. narutrix

narutrix Thread Starter

i'm just closing the RDP

4. valis

valis Moderator

in the rdp computer just hit start > log off, that should cure it. when you just close the rdp, you are still logged on; however, when it times out (xx amount of time after last input) it sounds like it's kicking you off.

Also, are you the only one with access to this box?

5. rikai

rikai

First Name:
    Matt
    You can use the Task Manager (when logged in locally) and log off the user that is disconnected

6. narutrix

narutrix Thread Starter

If I log off, it will still close the documents that I've opened when I'm remotely connected, right? That's what I don't want to happen. Yes, I'm the only one who can access the box.

By RDP, I meant I'm using windows' MSTSC (after VPN) to connect to my computer at the office.

7. narutrix

narutrix Thread Starter

hope to get more feedback :(

8. narutrix

narutrix Thread Starter

hope to get more feedback :(

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!