Logging Off/Sleep Mode Not Working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

blissd

Hello! I have a problem with the logging off option; whenever I try to log off and log in by clicking on the icon with my name, I'm never logged in... It keeps saying "Please wait" and keeps bringing the icon screen back again and again... Instead, I have to restart!

Sleep mode never works for me either; I have to manually shut down the computer by the main switch...

I've been experiencing a ton of problem these few days... :( Anyways, don't wanna go back to XP... :p

Thanks in advance!

I dont know if this would have anything to do with it but, have a look in control panel and in power options if you are set to high performance your computer might not go into sleep mode try changing it to power save or balanced or configure one to how you want it.

On a laptop by any chance?
Seems there is a problem shutting down to sleep in Vista with hard drives not being able to adapt to power down...not on all computers either. In Power Options in Control panel which power plan do you have checked? You might also want to check all bios settings to see how power management is set and wake-ups are set there.

blissd

A PC though... It's on balanced... How do I check the bios settings? I'm pretty much an idiot when it comes to these, sorry...

Thanks in advance!

About the logging off, am I missing anything out? It puzzles me why I can never log back in... Thanks!

blissd said:
A PC though... It's on balanced... How do I check the bios settings? I'm pretty much an idiot when it comes to these, sorry...

Thanks in advance!

About the logging off, am I missing anything out? It puzzles me why I can never log back in... Thanks!
Ah well guess what? Most operate by tapping "del" as you hit power button until you enter setup. And with how much you have told us about your hardware? That's all I can tell you so if that doesn't work, you will be forced to describe your system! (Something you should do before you ask any questions incidentally)

blissd

Sorry for the late reply! I should've mentioned them, yep.... I thought there was an easy solution for this lol...

I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit, Intel Pentium 4 2.6Ghz, 1Gb RAM, NVidia GeForce 7300 GT...

I haven't checked the bios settings yet, darn.. Which I will!

TIA!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online