Logging On

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sgwfalcon

Hi - I use Windows XP and I've just installed the .Net framework. Everything is fine apart from the fact I now need to log in to use the computer. Previously I could just use the computer without logging on which was more convenient. I cannot work out how to switch my system back so that I do not need to log on. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks

Steve W.

Keep doing the installs there should be another framework install fix that then removes the same user login prompt. This is of course as long as you only have that single user login if you have made multiple user logins then you will get the prompt each time even without the fixpack.

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Use TweakUI
or
Start > run > control userpasswords2
Uncheck the box.

sgwfalcon

Thanks Squashman - do you mean the tickbox relating to requiring users to press ctrl+alt+del?

Thanks

Steve W.

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
No!
Users Must enter a username and password........

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online