1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

logging on

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by MRBEE, Jan 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MRBEE

MRBEE Thread Starter

I use Windows 98 and a 56K modem.

At one time, when I clicked on the Netscape icon in my desktop, without any further clicks the computer would log on and take me to the home page.

Now, I have to make 4 clicks: First click (on the Netscape icon) takes me to a blank Netscape page without logging on; Then to activate the my server's dialer, I have to click one of the URL's in my Personal Tool Bar; at that point the dialer pops up and stops; then I have to click the "log-in" button on the dialer; then the computer logs on to the URL I had previously clicked, but the screen is partially covered by my ISP's dialer window, so I have to make one more click to the side of that window to minimize it.

Can anyone tell me how to get to the Internet with a single click?

2. steaks355

steaks355

if i knew who your internet provider was, that would help. i use internet explorer. here is something that i have done, and do occasionally. first off, create a shortcut of your dial-up-networking for desktop screen. just right click on the dial-up-networking icon, then click on create short cut. when asked if you want short cut to be placed on desktop, say yes. then after the short cut has been created, double click it. that will connect you to the net. then once you have made your connection, click on your netscape icon to get your personal page. i use this if i only want to check mail, and not browse the web. if i intend to browse the web, i use my prodigy software, which dials up, and pulls my homepage automatically.
    hope this helps. good luck. steaks355

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64412

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice