1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Login and System Restore Mystery

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by GRudger, Oct 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GRudger

GRudger Thread Starter

Hi,

This is really weird. i have Xp pro, and when i turn on my computer, the login characters of my password have changed from being the normal black circles, to being really close lines.

if i log off, then they go back to being black circles again. they only turn to lines if i restart, or if turn my pc on from being off.

whats going on?

Also, my system restore is screwed. sometimes it says my second hdd is "offline" rather than "monitoring" in the system restore settings and when i do make a system restore point, the restore point disappears when i restart my pc. all my past restore points have gone. sometimes it says my drive is full and suggests a disk cleanup, but they aren't full.

Thanks

2. scmazter

scmazter

Ahhh, I am suprised at how many times I say and recommend this, but I think u have a virus of some sort lol. Run housecall . If it won't find anything, then think real hard when this all started. Also try updating windows.

3. GRudger

GRudger Thread Starter

I just ran a full system scan with NAV 2003 and it came up with nothing...windows is fully updated..."iiii am-e confused"

4. scmazter

scmazter

See, you only did 1 of the things i asked you too.
    A lot of viruses these days damage anti-virus programs, and there is nothing that can be done about that (scary isn't it?) That's why you need to scan your comp with housecall.

And u also forgot to tellme when thos started happening.

5. GRudger

GRudger Thread Starter

here's a pic of the different logins

Attached Files:

6. GRudger

GRudger Thread Starter

no viruses found with housecall...

7. scmazter

scmazter

Hmmm, right well, when did this start? And can you link it starting to installing any new software/hardware?

8. scmazter

scmazter

Hmmm, right well, when did this start? And can you link it starting to installing any new software/hardware?

It also just occured to me, that it may have something to do with fonts.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!