login error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

syho

Hello

I friend of mine has win2000 server (spanish) but a week ago when he wanted to login the win2000 tell him that the user adminstrador was damaged (I don't know if the translation is ok) and win2000 created a temporal user I tell him "create a new user" with the same permisions that the administrador but yesterday he told me that the new user also has the same problem is damaged why this occurred?

thanks

Might be some kind of virus, or ms update. Tell him to try to load in safe mode.

syho

but in safe mode how do I repair the damaged user the user.
the information is in a file c:/documents and settings/administrador.bak

my friend does'n have any windows update because he dosen't have internet so the updateis not the problem.

what is administrador.bak ?
how do I fix it?
what kind of virus damage only the users?

Errr he can try deleting the users and makign new ones, if he doesnt have internet the whole thing is extremly hard. Errr if he doesnt have internet then it might not be a virus, but some software error. He might even have to reinstall windows.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts