Login problem help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Innovati0n

Hi guys,

I have been having a problem with my Dell Studio 17 laptop for about a week now and I need it sorted because I use my laptop daily and has important collage documents that need to remain safe.

Just to let you know, I am running Windows Vista Home Premium. The problem is, when I boot my laptop up its perfectly fine! I type in my password and it says welcome for about 20-25 seconds, then it moved to a black screen with the cursor and stays like that before about a minute, then I will start to show the task bar and icons, and then run fine!

Why? Any help please?

TerryNet

Terry
Because it's Vista! :) Seriously, it sounds like you are describing my Vista Home Premium. It's been like that almost since day one (at which time I thought there was a problem).

Just what do you want help with? Is the boot taking longer now than it used to? If so, how much longer? Did you install any application(s) about the time the problem started?

Innovati0n

It never used to do it. It just takes longer to load up than it did. But only after typing my password in.

TerryNet

Terry
Presumably there is/are one or more things starting at boot that did not before this issue started. If you're lucky you'll remember something that you changed or added.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts