login problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JAYNO20

for some reason i am the only user on this computer but it just recently started not having it highlighted when booted... the first pic is what i am getting when booting now... and the 2nd one is what i used to get (which is what i want back) anybody know what the deal is?

Attachments

Go into USER ACCOUNTS in your Control Panel and see if ASP.NET is listed as a user. If so, delete it. Then Reboot.

So I understand, is the only difference that before it used to ask for a password at boot up, and now you must click on it first before the password prompt appears?

The first picture indicates that you are already logged onto the computer. The second picture indicates you are not yet logged on. To get rid of the first picture, click the icon, put in your password, get to the desktop and then click Start | Shutdown | Log off the computer. You will be returned to the screen as shown in the second picture.

JAYNO20

no i dont ever get to that point... i always have to click the icon before the password prompt shows up, I AM AWARE that the first picture taken was while i was already logged on... it does it no matter if i first boot up or if i log off..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online