1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

login script fails to map shared drives. System error 53 network path not found.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Sanarina, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanarina

Sanarina Thread Starter

After using the Deep Clean option of the Advance SystemCare tool, a network pc on a domain will no longer automatically map any of shared drives. I have contacted the support for this tool and they have not replied back...that was 4 months ago. Thank goodness I have only used it on one pc.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to resolve allowing the login script to map drives? This pc a hp compaq dc7900 ultra-slim desktop, is using Windows XP SP3. I have read on the microsoft forums that this error could be the result of windows firewall blocking, but this feature is turned off and all exceptions are handled thru group policy.

thanks!

2. KevzJD

KevzJD

I think the issue could be that the machine does not have "Client for Microsoft Networks" installed on the Ethernet Card. This can be changed by right clicking on the Ethernet Adapter and making sure there is a tick next to this option. You might have to restart your machine for the login script to work.

3. Sanarina

Sanarina Thread Starter

thanks for replying KevzJD. The Client for Microsoft Networks was already enabled. I attached a .bmp so you would know that I am aware of where it is. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1051834

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice