1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Login to local AP taking a lot of time

Discussion in 'Networking' started by DonChoudhry, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DonChoudhry

DonChoudhry Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a Linksys WRT54G AP installed for wifi connectivity. The round trip time for a packet is 3ms at consistency. The issue is that when I type in the address of the AP in explorer it almost never brings the home page. The explorer just keeps on loading the page. Sometimes it does ask for user name and password and then it keeps loading. I have used all browsers i,e, explorer, mozilla and chrome but all in vain.

Any suggestion?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I'm assuming that the problem is with a wireless connection. Do you have the same problem with an ethernet connection?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector.

3. DonChoudhry

DonChoudhry Thread Starter

Yes, it's only paticular to wireless i think although i haven't tested ethernet.

The snapshot is attached

Attached Files:

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    It's probably a combination of a weak signal and wireless interference from the other network. Try channel 1 or 11. And try from where you get a stronger ("green" in Xirrus) signal.

If OS is Vista or Windows 7 it also may be struggling with WEP, especially if it is an older router. Make sure you have the latest firmware for the router. If you update it then reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure it. And try w/o security and with WPA-PSK encryption.

Of course, you may want to try first with ethernet to determine if this really is a wireless issue vs. something more general.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971911

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice