Logiq M76T

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tommy2k8

A client brought a laptop to me, saying his daughter had spilled a little bit of water on it, not a lot though. He said one of his dogs eat through the power supply cable and it is sellotaped up, but he said it does work on the charger. However, he came over with it, and I tried it with the charger plugged in, came on for about 10 seconds, no beeps or anything, could hear the hard drive and fan working, but then it went off again (worked on it in my conservatory). I took it in to my home office, tried it, didn't even start up! Not even the light saying it's charging! However, when I put the power cable in, sparks came off it. Because I am not very dexterous, my mate who normally helps me with these things is on holiday.
However, as he said it worked fine on the charger before, it's probably not the laptop. He also said that the laptop doesn't work without the charger plugged in.
Question now is: Should I get a new charger? (While transporting the laptop, a component in the psu might have gone)
It is a Logiq M76T, but I'm not sure how old it is.
(I got told the PSU's made in China don't last long!)

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
So the laptop previously did not work on just battery power? Or only since the spill? If only now then the spill may have caused severe damage to the laptop. You can buy a universal laptop charger any almost any electronics store if the charger has now failed; wrapped in sellotape it is a hazard and I would recommend immediate proper repair or replacement - but only if there are not other problems with the laptop, pointless in buying a new adapter if the rest of the laptop may be fried.

tommy2k8

New information that I didn't get told before:

The water wasn't actually spilled on the laptop, the laptop was next to it, and it got wet underneath. And now I learn that it may have been quite a lot of water! I've just texted him to ask what his daughter did immediately after the spill - just waiting for an answer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online