1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Logitech Codrless Mouse Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fabian.rap.more, May 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fabian.rap.more

fabian.rap.more Thread Starter

I have a logitech cordless mouse and keyboard. Recently the PS/2 part at the back of my computer malfunctioned so I decided to get a PS/2 to USB cord for my mouse as I don't have the time to repair that part.

My problem is that XP does not detect the mouse as the reciever is the part that is connected to the cord. How do I get XP to detect it as a USB mouse or just as a normal mouse?

2. Jay_JWLH

Jay_JWLH

I personally like the use of my MX5000 Laser Desktop Combo. The thing I have learned about it from this brand is that they seem to function in two different ways. The most fully featured one, where things like volume control and the LCD screen need to be used, are in the mode where they are securely connected using the software. However in absence of the driver/software, like for example on another computer or when the computer is starting up, they have something called embedded mode. This is where the keyboard and mouse are treated like they are corded, with the reciever and devices probably doing all the wireless work. They aren't perfect at getting connected right away though. I see this in Device Manager as HID-Keyboard or HID-Mouse.

Your post is a little confusing though. Are you using the USB wireless reciever on a USB port? What is the PS/2 to USB for? Also what is the model number for your device?

3. fabian.rap.more

Its a Logitech Cordless Keyboard And Mouse that have a common reciever. The PS/2 output from this reciever is connected to a PS/2 to USB cord as my PS/2 port is malfunctioning.

Is M/N Model Number? If so then C-SF17

4. Jay_JWLH

Jay_JWLH

5. fabian.rap.more

OK. So nothing worked but I have finally decided to buy a USB mouse.

Maybe someday I will try again and then I will be back to this thread

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

Did you check the bios to see that usb mouse and keyboard are enabled?

7. fabian.rap.more

Yes I did. It was enabled

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/715470

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice