1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

logitech first wheel mouse problem

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by franco44, Feb 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. franco44

franco44 Thread Starter

i'm running win 98se. lately i'm having a problem with the wheel mouse. the middle button will ony scroll downward. i tried auto scroll as well as universal. i downloaded the latest drivers from logitech. i unchecked the acelleration box but still same problem.
    thanks,franco

2. rkselby98

rkselby98

Looks like you covered all the bases except one. Did you ever consider the mouse has gone bad or tried cleaning it. I would try to clean it especially around the wheel itself.

3. Del

Del

YUP, been there, done that.
    Spilled wine on my Logitech mouse and the wheel died.
    Took it apart twice and blew it out with compress air but still buttons ok, wheel, dead.
    Never wheel when ya drinking.

4. rkselby98

rkselby98

Then the only suggestion I have is when drinking and driving and hit tree; you know what to do with car that can't be repaired?

Looks like about your only avenue left.

Its sounds like maybe you shorted out one of the componets in the mouse that work the reverse direction.

5. franco44

franco44 Thread Starter

i usually just clean the ball and roller but i didnt realize that the wheel could be cleaned. i opened the case and found a small bunch of gook around the wheel. cleaned and working as good as new. thanks again,franco

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117762

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice