1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Logitech G5 Mouse problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Foxy_Uk, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Foxy_Uk

Foxy_Uk Thread Starter

For some unknown reason my Logitech G5 mouse will not recognize its assigned keystrokes within the game Battlefield 2. They have worked but suddenly stopped.

Keystroke assignments are:-

Scroll wheel DOWN = Button #1
    Scroll wheel LEFT = Button #4
    Scroll wheel RIGHT = Button #3
    Front side button = Button #2
    Back side button = Button #NUM2

The mouse is working fine if I use the keystrokes in Notepad and even use the mouse within Battlefield 2 on my other computer.
    I have downloaded the latest driver software from Logitech, uninstalled both the software and Battlefield 2 and re-installed them but the problem remains.

I am now lost as what to do next. Any ideas please.
    I appreciate any replies.
    Thank you.

2. Foxy_Uk

Foxy_Uk Thread Starter

A quick update.....I still can't sort it out, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I have created another account to see if it was a profile problem but that didn't work either.

One more thing, this has happened since I installed Vista Premium over a fresh install of Windows XP Pro. Could that cause issues?

I do have the latest Vista Setpoint software installed!

3. Foxy_Uk

Foxy_Uk Thread Starter

Just in case anyone was interested in this problem, It is now solved.
    I hadn't ticked the box in the Setpoint software that allows it to Run as Administrator.
    When I start the PC up now I have to open Windows Defender and allow it to run, is this normal or can I alter any settings so it WILL run on start up?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/705772