1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Logitech MX1000 Being Stupid!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kevblah, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kevblah

kevblah Thread Starter

Here's the problem: I own a Logitech MX1000 and when I'm in windows, the mouse likes to spaz and all of a sudden the pointer is at the top left of the screen. The frequency of this varies and sometimes can be in intervals of 5 seconds. This is extremely annoying when I'm trying to work. Anyone have any idea why this is happening? I'm not playing on a reflective surface. I'm playing on a black matte mousepad.

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

What kind of batteries do you have in the mouse? If they are cheapies get some duracell's and try them. Also try a different mouse pad like a solid color one the laser might be re-acting to the surface texture of the mouse pad.

3. Blink182

Blink182 Banned

"What kind of batteries do you have in the mouse? If they are cheapies get some duracell's and try them. Also try a different mouse pad like a solid color one the laser might be re-acting to the surface texture of the mouse pad. "

You know how that the mouse has battery? Just curious.. :)

4. inuyasha320

inuyasha320

do you have a cordless phone

PS the mx1000 is not for gaming and has a bad review on line as it has lag and poor response times when gaming.

some cordless phones will have run on the same signal like with my logitech wireless game controller, when the phone is in use, the controller doesnt work right until i press the channel button on the phone.

5. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Since it is wireless it either has batteries like AA ro a built in battery and I did not think that finding this out was that important besides the batteries no matter what could be the problem. If the mouse is wireless how is it going to get its power?

6. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Cordless phones use batteries also.

7. Blink182

Blink182 Banned

ozrom1e: I didnt even know it was wireless.

8. kevblah

kevblah Thread Starter

I have a cordless phone in my room, but it runs off a 5.8gHz frequency..

9. inuyasha320

inuyasha320

i personally hate wireless mice. they use hard to get Li-ion batteries which basically fail after 700-1000 charges. and they arent like NiMH batteries with the Li-ion, one day the battery can run fine and the next day it wont even charge.

if someone near you has a wireless mouse then you may run into problems with the signal.

the wireless problems werent fixed until the G7 wireless mice from logitech.

if you want you can use a parabolic reflector around the transmitter base that connects to the usb (it works great on my router, might also work on the wireless mouse.

http://www.freeantennas.com/projects/template2/index.html (i built mines different though, i put the foil on the front of the cardboard and i put a copper mesh on the back.

10. kevblah

kevblah Thread Starter

Yeah, this mouse is pretty stupid. I'm going to replace it. Any suggestions?
    Currently looking at: Logitech G7, MX518, and RAZER Copperhead

11. Blink182

Blink182 Banned

Yes, that will be ok. I would go with Logitech g7. Or a microsoft one.

12. kevblah

kevblah Thread Starter

Yeah, it looks good, but I'm used to having the two buttons on the side with my MX1000 and the only other new mouse that has that is the MX518..

13. wilson44512

wilson44512

i use the mx518 . an its a good one. i like because you can program the extra buttons. to what ever u want. i use it for gaming

14. Blink182

Blink182 Banned

In that case then go for mx518

15. hewee

hewee

I have the same mouse and it works ok. Where is the charger/transmitter at because it says to keep it away from the monitor.
    On my older Logitech I had batterys but keep the transmitter right under the monitor.

On the MX1000 it is about 2 feet away from the monitor.

Also they say it works best on a white mousepad or white paper.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483063

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice