1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Logitech speakers hookup to Toshiba TV

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by dano_61, Sep 4, 2017.

Advertisement
  1. dano_61

dano_61 Thread Starter

Hello

I am trying to hook up some Logitech mini speakers to my TV , my TV is Toshiba 40RV525R I have a Receiver Yamaha RX 396 , i have two speakers already plugged into the AUX of the receiver
    Is there a another way to hook up two mini speakers

Thank you

Dan

2. Sponsor

3. kenbok51

kenbok51

You can try plugging them into the headphones output if the TV has it. Just be aware that often plugging something into the headphones jack will mute the TV speakers and possible the aux to your receiver as well. Sometimes there is a setting in the TV options to use both. That's what I have, a set of 2.1 speakers out from the headphones jack but it does turn off my TV speakers. What's kind of strange though is all the audio settings in the TV's menu still effect the 2.1 speakers like with surround emulation and things like that. My max volume is way better than with just the TV, and the 2.1's are powered and have their own volume control.

4. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

5. dano_61

dano_61 Thread Starter

Thanks for responding, i have the line out cable, how / where does it go

6. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

Go to that other link I posted and create a free account so you can get the manual. You can use any of the output jacks on the back and I saw at least three listed.

7. dano_61

dano_61 Thread Starter

I have the manual already, the line out jack on the TV or receiver

8. DavisMcCarn

DavisMcCarn

If the receiver is hooked up to the TV and working, use the receiver's output.

9. dano_61

dano_61 Thread Starter

Thanks that worked, the receivers output

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1195831