1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Logitech Z-640 5.1 channel system wont work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by metallica5456, Aug 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    Andrew
    I just bought a z-640 use doff of Craiglsit and have verified that all 5 speakers AND sub work ok but after connecting to the correct, at least I believe correct ports on back of pc and double checking and reinstalling audio drivers I cannot get any sound via the RL and RR channels for some reason. Can anyone help me?

I am on WIndows 10.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Exactly how are you plugging in the audio cable from the Z-640 to the audio jacks on your computer?

Have you double-checked the sound controller settings to make sure you have the correct speaker mode selected?

Did the computer come from the factory with Windows 10 or was it an upgrade from a previous version?

What are the brand and exact model number of the computer?

3. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    Andrew
    Hey buddy, I just bought a cheap 7.1 channel audio card, a SoundBlaster Audigy off Craigslist for 5$ I'll see if that works...

Yes I set the correct sound settings in the audio panel as well as reinstalled the audio drivers as well.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    What is the audio source?

Most mp3's, for example, are stereo (ie: front left and right - and with most surround systems also the sub). To get audio from center and rear speakers, you need a 5.1 source, such as a DVD movie with 5.1 audio.

Windows audio needs to be configured for the correct output/speaker type (ie: 5.1). In Win7, I actually have to select 7.1 to get rear audio.

Also, some audio drivers provide the option to create "surround" output from stereo source and use all of the speakers or quad output, which simply plays stereo on both the front and rear speaker pairs.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231021

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice