1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Logitech z-680.. Anyone have this set, and can I buy JUST the control pod?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by opack, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. opack

opack Thread Starter

I really would like to get the Logitech z-680 5.1 Speaker set. Looking on E-Bay, they average around $175.00, which is pretty good, considering the retail price ($300).. I also see that people sell these systems with no control pod alot cheaper.. My question is, can I just buy the control pod somewhere? How much is that little device? Does anyone have any they are selling? And, is there a comproable speaker system for cheaper? I'm a specs guy, so telling me that X brand is just as good just isn't gonna do it to me.. tell me WHY it's just as good.. (Maximum PC has distorted my views on product.. If it's not rated 7 or above, I don't want it..)

2. brite750

brite750

Don't know the answers you'e looking for but it would be hard to beat logitech speakers, i bought the Z-340's 4 years ago and i still haven't found anything even close for $40, don't trust a magazine go somewhere where you can listen to them, specs are nice, but your ears will not lie.

3. opack

opack Thread Starter

I also read from Toms Hardware that the Cambridge SoundWorks MegaWorks 550 is a really good system as well.. Any help on these speakers too?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275723

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice