1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Logo.sys

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by padutch, Nov 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. padutch

padutch Thread Starter

Logo.sys and Logow.sys and in reality bmp files. But they have a system file extention. I want to change my Logo and have a bmp file I want to use. Only problem is that I cannot change the file extention bmp to sys. If I right click on the bmp and rename it then becomes XXX.sys.bmp . SO do i need a special program to do this?
    DUTCH

2. John Sparkman

John Sparkman

If your bmp file is the right size for windows to use you don't need any special software.

Give this a try. Go to start-settings-folder options and then click on the view tab. Uncheck the box for "Hide file extentions for known file types. You should now be able to change the file extention from bmp to sys by right clicking the file and changing the name to logo.sys

3. John Sparkman

John Sparkman

4. padutch

padutch Thread Starter

Thanks muchly. Worked just fine. Will check out the program also.
    Again, thanks.
    DUTCH

5. padutch

padutch Thread Starter

John,
    The desk is really nice. Did yu have it custom made? Would like to see better pictures of it. Reason I am interested is that I build custom furniture.
    DUTCH

6. John Sparkman

John Sparkman

Happy to have helped.

John

7. John Sparkman

John Sparkman

No not a custom. I bought it. My wife saw it at a Wal-Mart outlet of all places (Sam's). I was surprised at how well it was built when I went to look at it. All solid wood. Heavy as hell too. I'll be happy to send you some pics. Just tell me where to send them.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59830

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice