1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Logon failed: You must logon to Microsoft...

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by alamal, Oct 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alamal

alamal Thread Starter

I am using Microsoft Word 2003 and want to address an evelope but every time I click on the address book icon I get, "Logon failed: You must logon to Microsoft Exchange to access your address book. Error code: "unspecified error"
    My question is how do I access this and add my contacts from Outlook Express OR create an address book in Word? I've tried the Mail Merge but that didn't do anything except create a bunch of envelopes with only first names.
    Please help as i don't relish the thought of entering an address every time I print an evelope.
    Thanks and God bless,
    Peter

2. SacsTC

SacsTC

On the Tools menu, point to Letters and Mailings, and then click Envelopes and Labels.
    Click the Envelopes or Labels tab.
    Click Insert Address .
    In the Show Names box, (drop down list in the upper right corner), click the desired address book or contact list.
    In the Type Name or Select from list box, enter a name. Or click a name in the list.
    Tip

3. alamal

alamal Thread Starter

Hey Tip, that's the problem. When I click on the insert address (the little book) or the drop down, I get the message "Logon failed: You must logon to Microsoft Exchange to access your address book. Error code: "unspecified error".
    Any more ideas as it's really annoying that I have to do that when I shouldn't have to.
    Thanks Tip and may God bless,
    Peter

4. alamal

alamal Thread Starter

bump

5. Dubtub

Dubtub

I had the same problem after Windows 98. The Microsoft Tech people you that the Address feature does not function on current versions. If someone can tell me or alamal how to address an envelope from Works Address Book, I certainly will be grateful. I have spent endless hours ploughing through Microsoft Tips, Forums etc. etc. and still feel that it is not possible now as it used to be with '98 versions.

6. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

This is directly related to the items that are in Outlook. If your using an exchange server at work you have to be connected to it. If you have taken the PC home from work and its not commenected this can be whats causing the problem. Also if you don't use outlook this can be the problem as well.

You may want to dig into your outlook settings and see whats going on there.

BTW I am on Xp running Office 2000 and office 2003 exchange server environment and this works just fine for us.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/280423