Logon failure:this user has not been granted the requested logon type at this compute

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jkumarck

I accidently screwed up the administrator account and once, i tried to install a software and it came "You need a administrator password to proceed"so i typed it then it came the error"this user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer i tried a lot but its still not working and i cant install anythin..so please help me:(

try perfoming a system restore back to a date before you accidently tampered with the account,start>accessories>system tools>system restore and then select the "let me choose a restore point " option

TerryNet

First Name
Terry
You are now using a Standard user account and do not know a valid Administrator account password? And you are the only user of the system?

Try booting into "safe mode"; Win7 disabled the administrator account by default, but allows it in Safe Mode for troubleshooting purposes.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online