1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Logon Problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tubeddude, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tubeddude

tubeddude Thread Starter

I recently purchased a new HP desktop computer. First of all, it came out of the box with the hard drive data cable not hooked in. About a week after purchased, it started having problems logging in. What happens is it loads the desktop background and 1 - 3 icons (without the proper pictures, just the default pic), then its done. where the task bar usually is is just a blue space with nothing in it. The mouse still works as does ctrl + alt + del. Usually it works after 2 tries of restarting. Any ideas?

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Send it back and demand a replacement.

3. draceplace

draceplace

I would run a repair on the OS. Install all patches. Run antivirus??

4. Carey934

Carey934

If it doesn't work this soon out of the box, I'd be afraid of what is going to happen down the road. You shouldn't have to do any repairs on a new PC. I agree with DoubleHelix, return the unit and ask for one that works.

5. draceplace

draceplace

He said it worked for a week. Did it it get a virus? Does the place he bought provide support/replacement. I would sure offer it back to them at some point. He was looking to fix it. If the hard drive was disconnected maybe the video card / cables (all internal cables while your in there) including need to be check also. I would try a few things before boxing it back up and going to battle with customer support.

6. Carey934

Carey934

The point is he didn't buy a kit. He should not have to check cabling. Opening the PC could be cause for customer service to NOT help him.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544366

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice