LogonUI.exe - System Error

Cyberpenguin

So recently, I have gotten into the emulation of phones and computers, stuff like Virtual Machines. However, it was required that I enabled a setting called 'Virtualization Technology' in my HP computer. I was informed that it should not ever damage my computer. After enabling this and restarting my pc, I came up with a black screen and my mouse when booting normally. When attempting to boot into safe mode, I get an error stating this:
LogonUI.exe - System Error
I don't know what this means but I can't even load my log on screen. I feel like my LogonUI.exe file was corrupted, but I have already reset Windows twice. I also made sure to disable the setting I changed and nothing happened. If I can get help on this as soon as possible, that would be great!

Attachments

plodr

Liz
I have been notified that my LogonUI.EXE file may have been deleted and replaced with a virus of the same name.
Who advised of that? If that is the case then I only know 3 ways to fix it: a) factory reset - very drastic, b) clean install of the latest version of Windows and c) restore an image that you have stored off the computer.

I regularly create images and I've had to restore images at one time or another on all the computers in the house (6 at present).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online