1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Long blank screen between BIOS and Windows XP boot

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kyle7119, Oct 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kyle7119

kyle7119 Thread Starter

My computer has been running normally for quite a while now. Just the other day though, it started having a weird problem. I will turn it on, it will load the BIOS screen, then it will dislpay a blank screen for about 10 seconds before loading Windows XP. Windows loads normally and works fine after that. I think that this problem may have started after I installed and then uninstalled Dameon Tools, but I am not sure; that's just an idea.

2. kyle7119

kyle7119 Thread Starter

3. Lance1

Lance1

If it's only 10 seconds and everything is running normally, there doesn't seem to be a problem. Both of my systems have a delay between bios and the Windows load screen. I wouldn't worry about it.

4. kyle7119

kyle7119 Thread Starter

Yeah, I just noticed that it was a lot longer than normal. My computer normally has a 3 or 4 second delay but a 10 to 15 second delay is not normally at all.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!