Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Long delay from opening screen to Windows 7 startup screen

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  HenryD5402 
#1 ·
I t takes approximately 5 minutes from the time I start my computer to get to the Windows startup screen. Checked for malware and viruses and system appears to be clean. I am using an HP e9270f with 8 Gbs of ram and Windows 7 Home Premium. Can anybody help me with this problem? Get tired staring into space while waiting to start Windows

#3 ·
1. Open ab.Ms config and see what you have running on the startup tab. Many third part programs put there ".exe's" in here. Most are not needed, as they will run manually, on demand. (eg. Itunes, Apple products, Adobe.Even the java update entry is not required, you can easily check manually from time to time) For example, I have a load of such programs installed on my computer. The only entries I have active under the start up tab are my antivirus program and my Nvidea program.
2. Reference Davea's post, disable your Antivirus prog, just for this experiment, and see if it makes a significant difference.
3. How long have you been using the OS+ Sometimes the search index takes a few operations before settling down. Ditto the defrag. This you can stop through the start menu. Disable it for a test..

Lastly. If you have a solid colour background, this can sometimes be the cause of a big delay. If this is so with your OS, post backj - it is easy to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.