Long filenames in Win98

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rioblast

I'm reinstalling my win98 and I'm wondering if my long file names on my two hard drives will be saved even though I've deleted windows.

I usually don't format the drive I just delete (using deltree) the windows and program folder while in dos and then install windows without restarting.

It's important for me to know if my filenames will be correct after the installation is completed. I don't want everything named *~1.exe etc.

Is the file names saved in the FAT and operate regardless of what op-system I have or is it windows that keeps track of the names?

/RioBlast

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online