1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Long intermitent beep at startup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bikerguy9937, Feb 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bikerguy9937

Bikerguy9937 Thread Starter

Alright so a few days ago I found my old pc in the garage. I opened the case and cleaned the mess that was inside. When I try to start it, there is a long beep that stops and comes back again until I shut the pc off . No display on my monitor. Fans inside work, but it doesn't want to boot. It is a pretty old setup but I just wanna see it booting again for old times' sake. Any ideas?

2. dlipman

dlipman

First Name:
    David
    1 long Beep Code is indicative of video during POST.
    If it has a Video Card, make sure it is seated properly.

If it does not have a Video Card but is instead embedded, the system can be eRecycled after pulling the hard disk.

3. Bikerguy9937

The Video Card seems to be seated properly, however, I took out the Ram just to see if it gives any beep codes about it. If it has no Ram, it should give 3 beeps if I am right. It still does long beeps. Maybe the Mobo is bad?

4. dlipman

dlipman

First Name:
    David
    Yes.

You might as well pull the hard disk and eRecycle the unit.

5. Bikerguy9937

Alright then, thanks for the help! =)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1223195

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice