Long time for Windows XP to shut down/restart

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

acer3260

Hello there again...just had some great help from this thread earlier which my Mod was outstanding, thanks!

For some reason now, it is taking quite a long time for My Windows XP Professional to shut down or restart when I'm prompting it to do so. It started to experience this problem a little bit before my virus/spyware problem 24 hours ago and up to now. It's taking my windows a little bit over 5 minutes to shut down/restart until I literally turn off my Acer Notebook power button.

Is there a program out there than can diagnose what might be the holdup? Is this something to do with the "fallout" from my virus problems earlier?

Again, thanks for your guy's and girls' help on this.

:D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online