long xp install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

onely

My daughter finally got winxp loading back up from dos but the files started loading last night and this morning it said 85 files loaded and it wasn't finished..now I was reading that if you don't use smart drive that it will be a long install but is this how long it should be? how many files need to be loaded before it wants to restart?

I've installed XP on some pretty slow machines and it's never taken longer than an hour.

How are you installing it? From CD? Cabs? Is it a clean install or are you trying to reinstall over the top of an existing OS?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online