Longitude/Latitude - EXCEL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gevans0666

Longitude / Latitude

Been trying to find a way to quickly populate Long/Lat from addresses provided. The more I read to more confused I got!

Is this possible? The attached is an example of what the data source looks like - it's pulled monthly. Some of the addresses are partial with some of the 'end' letters missing (ie: LOWER SACKVILLE would appear as LOWER SACKVILLE and postal codes might look like B4A4A missing the last number).

It's somewhat chaotic...

Any advice?

Thanks,
Gerry

Attachments

cwwozniak

Chuck
I believe you are looking for a function called geocoding. MS-Excel does not have any built-in support for such a function.

There seem to be multiple third parties that have developed free and paid-for software add-ons for MS-Excel that add such a function. The software interfaces between Excel and websites that support finding latitude and longitude information for a given address. Google Maps may be one such service. A web search for geocode spreadsheet should give you pages that discuss these methods.

I have never used this type of function and am not in a position to recommend any particular method or software package. Maybe someone else here may be able to offer further assistance if you need it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online