1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lookin for a host

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Estel, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Estel

Estel Thread Starter

I'm fed up with t35! Their ftp server is nevvveerr up, and I'm tired of their excuses (n) . Anybody know of a good free web host with ftp access and unlimited bandwidth? I could use more than one suggestion if it's not too much trouble
    thx lots...

2. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

I guess all free service providers will be unreliable to some extent. You requirement is quite hugh.

1. Good
    2. Free
    3. FTP
    4. Unlimited bandwidth

That seems to be too difficult to get. Go for a paid host. Costs are not hugh. Consider going for some paid host for about US $ 20 a year.

This is a heart felt genuine advise. Rest upto you.

3. Estel

Estel Thread Starter

thx for the advice. actually t35 isn't all that bad, it's just sometimes their servers are horrible, and this last week has been bad...i'll look at some paid services and see if like any...
    thx again

4. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Can you please give me the link of t35? Let me have a look at the features.

5. Estel

Estel Thread Starter

it's www.t35.com

the free service has nice deals aside from their ftp sometimes..unlimited bandwidth and webspace, and....more stuff i can't think off the top of my head so you can check it out yourself! :)

6. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Ok shall have a look. But my general experience suggests that everything that is free is somewhat unreliable. Service provdier can shut it down any time without notice and can leave you in a lurch. So if it is even somewhat important, you definitely need something more reliable.

Secondly, t35 doesn't let you host your own domain for free. Right?

7. Estel

Estel Thread Starter

oh sry i hadn't checked in tech guy for a while...no they don't let you host your own domain...it's ok now though i've found hostultra, and they have a better uptime than t35.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!