1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Lookin for an Online Job.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by chatterjee, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chatterjee

chatterjee Thread Starter

Let me give you a small description of myself and my mother before getting into the actual query.I'm a student who hasn't stepped into high school yet(Next year I will).My ma is a graduate,she doesn't know the abc s of computer.Today,my ma and I have decided that we should income some money and increase the sources of income of the family.My ma actually wants to be involved in some sorts of job and I think it would be better to find a job online so that she can earn money from home.Meanwhile,I also want to get a part time job(I actually study 10 hours a day and can manage to carve out a maximum of 3 hours a day).I'll teach my mother computer after my exam and also I'll get myself admitted to a programming class.

What jobs will suit us?How can I get a job? Can they cheat us?How much money can I earn by a part time job?And what about my ma also?

I desperately need help.Please don't give perfunctory answers.

Thanks in advance.

2. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

Aren't we all? :D

3. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

First Name:
    Bruce
    There's always an exciting career in Electronics....LOL

4. chatterjee

These are not the answers I expected.

5. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

First Name:
    Bruce
    What types of answers were you looking for?? Have you tried researching profitable online businesses with cheap start-up costs on the Internet.

6. chatterjee

I expected such types of answer which I previously had got from this forum.I got enormous support in many fields and expected that you too will be able to help me out.Ok,to be precise,I need advice on Online Jobs.Like...What skills do I need?...Which sites offer jobs?....what kind of jobs do they offer?....How much time the job requires?....Is there any risk?...How frequent do they make payment?....What are the methods of paying(I'm in India.) etc.

Anyone who is doing an Online job can give me the answers,I think?

Hope I didn't offend you!

7. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The liklelihood of finding an "on-line job" that is legal, pays anything and has no risk from you being severely ripped off is very, very (very) remote unfortunately.

If the jobs actually existed, there would be 1,000,000+ people applying for each job.

Many of the "opportunities" are probably far from legal, and the people offering the work may simply be in it to extract money from you which is the reverse of what you intend.

Just use Google with the phrase "work from home" and you get over 8,000,000 hits.
    Most of these will want something from you with no guarantee of a return.

Be very careful.

8. chatterjee

Thanks.

But do you think that there is no chance getting a good job?

9. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Almost no chance of getting a job that is safe, pays enough to cover costs and is legal.

I would stop short of saying "no chance", but please just think for a moment of all the knowledgable people out there that would be queueing for such an opportunity if they existed in any real form.

I make a considerable part of my income by using the web, not by any "opportunity" that existed or was sought.
    But without many years of professional education, training and formal examinations that led to qualifications the "opportunity" to use the web as a tool would not exist for me.

Opportunities in web design etc. are possible I guess, if there are high skills in the various software packages and artistic flair, but these also pay little as many school students offer quite good website services for very little cost, or even for free to get established.

What type of work did you have in mind?

10. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Hi..Good advice given above..
    Starting point would be..
    What is your passion?
    What subject do you have a keen interest in?
    What skills do you already have?
    How much time are you prepared to use,to learn more and increase that knowledge?
    You need to narrow it down to what skills you already have and in what area you can offer a service to others..
    Good luck..:)

11. Polly1016

Polly1016

Excellent answer! (y) I was also thinking those are the questions you should be asking yourself first! All of the answer's so far are good ones and you should read them all and think about them.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435621

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice