Looking for 6- to 10-foot CAT5 premade cables on-the-cheap

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Alex Ethridge

A few months ago, I found some six-foot CAT5 cables with RJ45 terminals for 99 cents each. I ordered a bunch and have used them all up. I went back to the supplier; but, they are in the business of selling overstock and don't have any at present. I have done a cursory search but none of my usual suppliers have any at the sub-one-dollar price.

Anyone know where I can find some of these cheapies?

If you are using that much why don't you buy a roll of cable and make your own to any length you like, this is what I do and then you don't have to hide yards of unnecessary cable. It works out pretty cheap as well.

Alex Ethridge

Thanks, I ordered thirty and with shipping they're still under a dollar.

bigbear,
The only time I make my own is when I let myself run out or when I need to go through walls and/or floors with an indeterminate lenght of cable. When you figure the cost of terminals and wire it takes to make a six-foot patch cable, it's an absolute total waste of time.

39 cents for 6 feet of wire
66 cents for two RJ45 terminals
1.06 total to make your own vs. 90 cents each for ready-made and delivered to my door

And don't forget to factor in how long you have to sit at a workbench to make thirty of those against the 3 minutes it took to place the order for the ready-made cables.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts