Looking for a better solution

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

StumpedTechy

Network topology is 1 main domain and many workgroups in other physical locations. The workgroups have no knowledge of the domain and are running windows 95, 98, 2000 and XP. Domain is mainly running XP.

The problem is the workgroup PC's are getting a TON of ads, popups, and whatnot from standard web browsing. Our current solution is to have them bring it in I scan the machine with Ad-Aware, Spybot, and Hijack this and then I send them on their way.

I want to know of an enterprise wide solution that I can update definitions to each machine, have it scan on a certain day, if it finds something that it nees to rescan on bootup it will set itself to rescan on next bootup and is as good as the 2 aformentioned products.

StumpedTechy

There is IP communication between the 2 but they are not in any part of the configurations "truely on" the domain.

Just as a side note due to licensing we can't keep the software on these PC's so we load it clean it and then take it off. I am looking for an all inclusive entrprise wide system that would work well with a decient licensing cost.

Thanks again for any thoughts.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online