1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Looking for a Counter That Works With An Access Database

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by HexStar, Jul 16, 2003.

Mark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HexStar

HexStar Guest Thread Starter

Can anyone please let me know where I can get for free an easy to setup download counter(a counter that counts how many times a certain files been downloaded), which also uses Access Database(s). Or, brendandonhu, if you don't mind, could you make one for me and post the source??? You'll need the following to connect to an access DB:
    Set oConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    sConnection = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
    "Data Source=\\premfs7\sites\premium2\membername\database\YourDB.mdb;" & _
    "Persist Security Info=False"
    oConn.Open(sConnection).

Thanks,

HexStar

2. Fyzbo

Fyzbo

HexStar, it may be easier to find help if you are more specific with your titles. I was going to go right over this post until I decided hey why not. If you were to change the name to something like "counter using access database" the people who know the answer will be more apt to take a look.

3. Rockn

Rockn

There is a free on on ASP101.com you can integrate easily. Where is the web site in question you are trying to add this to.

BTW...why do you always post that connection string?

4. HexStar

HexStar Guest Thread Starter

Just in case someone wants to make the thing I'd like themselves, that connection string is essential for connectioning to a DB on my host(Brinkster). I'm trying to add this to http://www.johnscompany.net/. Fyzbo, thanks for the tip, I'll keep it in mind and use it.:)

5. Rockn

Rockn

Someone could still write it without your connection string ya know....maybe you would have to add it....hmmm

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/147523

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice