1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Looking for a [fast read] USB 160gb storage solution

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Imola Ghost, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Imola Ghost

Imola Ghost Thread Starter

Solid state?

USB zip drive?

I've been using a 500gb Western Digital usb hard drive I picked up at Best Buy and it seems to be quite slow at reading/accessing the data. I believe a solid state hard drive or a usb zip drive might be the right product for what I want.

I use it for storing mp3 music on to put in my car. the WD drive works decent but when browsing around my 24,000 song collection stored on the drive, it becomes a little laggy/bogged down sometimes and I believe a better/faster reading drive would be worth the money to me.

Ideas?

2. TekTime

TekTime

What's the model of your drive? (in most cases, flash memory is not able to write data as quickly as a conventional hard drive)

3. Imola Ghost

Imola Ghost Thread Starter

Not sure of the exact model but It is one of their small newer portable USB Western Digital 500gb drive.

4. TekTime

TekTime

If you can get the model number, you could compare models and see if any have a faster read/write speed than yours. I'm not really sure how much of a noticeable difference that would make though.

You should try (if not already) defragmenting the drive, since you have 24,000 songs on it - that may help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/943486

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice