1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Looking for a firewire card for camcorder

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by vir68, Sep 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vir68

vir68 Thread Starter

Hi
    I am looking for a firewire card for my computer to connect my sony dcr-trv camcorder in order to view/edit my videos.I was told that I can do it by usb connection but the dv connection is even faster and i want to try it.I have a windows xp professional edition version 2002 processed by amd athlon 2000+ with 1.67 GHz and 512 MB of ram.The motherboard installed therein is soyo KT 400 ultra.Please guide me as to where i can find the card which best suits myneeds. Thanks

2. milomorai

milomorai

go to pricewatch.com and search for firewire cards.

3. slipe

slipe

Any PCI firewire card will work fine: http://www.pricewatch.com/1/44/2779-1.htm

The NEC unit with the A supplement for $13 with free shipping looks like a good deal. I presume your computer already has USB2 ports, so a card with just Firewire should do you fine.

4. Rache

Rache Banned

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167092

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice