Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking for a FireWire Hard Drive.... question...??

686 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Dan O 
#1 ·
I am on the lookout for a Firewire drive, say around 80GB as I only have a small internal drive in my laptop. I have a quick question...

Do they all come with a 'through' firewire slot...? ie: can I connect further firewire devices to it piggy-backed on this...???

#3 ·
I've seen the small 2.5" Firewire externals with only one connection. OTOH, I have three of the 3.5" USB/Firewire external drives from two different makers, and all have the dual Firewire connections for daisy-chaining additional devices.

#4 ·
I do have a Firewire port on the Laptop, but what I am wondering is if I connect an external Firewire drive to this port, do the the external drives themselves come with a Firewire port on the rear of them so I can connect a further firewire device to that as a 'piggy-backed' device. This is one of the advantages of firrewire and USB i.e. you can daisy chain devices...

i.e. Laptop firewire > External Drive > rear of external drive firewire port > iPod et al....

#6 ·
I would swear that I just answered the question! :rolleyes: Yes, most of the 3.5" models will have two Firewire connections.

Dan O, did you click on the Buy it Now link? It comes up with a message that says they're no longer available from them. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.