1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Looking for A free Software or Site

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by tholmes, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tholmes

tholmes Thread Starter

Hello
    I am a live in care aide for a special needs person, I also have 1 person who works for me, what I am looking for is a Incident report software that is free..
    Here is more detials..
    The lady I look after falls a lot and also has a tendency to wander off, I have to put in writing, where the incident occured, the times, date and who was involved, what exactly happened, how did it occur, what happened afterwards, was a ambulance required, stuff like that..
    I have tried Google and a few other search sites and came back with a lot of different choices but not one that would work for what I want it for..
    I know I could just make one my self but I thought if there was one available for me to download and then just print off how ever many copies I needed would be bettter and easier..
    Thanks..

2. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

Have a look at TreePad

It is a text based program that allows you to build your own database structure.

So in your case, if it is simply a log by day, as an incident occurs, you would just add an element, change the name to todays date, and in the right panel enter (free form) the details.

3. tholmes

tholmes Thread Starter

Hello
    Thanks for the info, but it is not quite what I am looking for, I was hoping for something with most of the details filled in and all I or the other worker would have to do is fill in the blanks..
    But yes the tree lite will help me with some other projects I am doing..

4. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

You could create "most of the details" in a Notepad file (as a template) and then each time you wish to add an incident, open that file and Edit > Copy
    Then open your TreePad database and do Edit > Paste
    And then fill in the rest.

Or, if you use date as the key, pre-create a bunch of "empty" dates with the template on the right, then as an incident occurs, change the "empty" date to the real date and complete the details in the template.

Sort of crude, but should work.

5. tholmes

tholmes Thread Starter

Thank you
    I will try that..Then if someone ever invents a form like I am looking for, then I will download it, but until then your idea will work.. Thanks..
    Tobius..

6. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Sound like an Access database would solve the problem. Then just have a pre made form that you can fill in within the database.

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Microsoft Access is serious overkill for this.

You could make a simple Word form (if you have Microsoft Office) or download OpenOffice.org and create a simple word processor form. If you want to fill it out by hand, just print it off and write in the info. Or you could save it as a template and create a new file for each incident and type the info into the form. This would take less than 30 minutes to write.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541396

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice