1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Looking for a freelancer - Wordpress/RSS/iTunes

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by BlackFrancis, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackFrancis

BlackFrancis Thread Starter

Hi,
    I don't know if this is allowed here, but I'm seeking someone familiar with these three things to do a very small job for me. I've tried doing it myself and broke my RSS feeds on my WP installation, so I'm outsourcing.

I'm using my RSS for multiple podcasts exclusively so I can add them to iTunes and other podcast aggregators. This involves including the thumbnail and URL of the mp3 (which I've associated with the post using Advanced Custom Fields, unformatted text field) in the format iTunes and other services will "understand." Not only did I wreck the code, but I realise I have no idea what format these services expect an RSS feed to be in.
    The structure of the podcasts is two post types, one of them "Premium" which I don't desire in the feed. Each show/podcast is a taxonomy/category. So I'm guessing the best method is using the taxonomy's RSS feed and excluding posts from the "premium" post type.

Thanks folks

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I've been hearing their commercials on the radio. Have you considered looking for a freelancer on a website like www.upwork.com?

3. BlackFrancis

BlackFrancis Thread Starter

Hi
    Yes, I have, for about 5 seconds. Then I remembered freelancing on such sites myself a few years ago. The mixed bag approach doesn't appeal to me and I don't want to be railroaded by an escrow situation, nor do I want to cause frustration for someone if I choose to walk away from the deal. I'd rather find someone who's recognised in the community, which I'm working toward finding now.

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!