1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Looking for a good computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vanillacoke, Mar 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vanillacoke

vanillacoke Thread Starter

My Dad is looking for a new Desktop computer and I'm trying to help him the best I can with making a decision on what to get. Here's what he wants, he wants one with a Flat Panel, CD RW/R, DVD Drive, Floppy Drive, 512 MB DDR SDRAM, 80 GB Hard Drive and Microsoft Word. He's going to use it for Word Processing, Internet, E-mail, Watching DVD's, and playing CD's. Any recommended brands? Is Compaq any good? We were considering at HP Pavilion but he thinks its too expensive. Is Dell good or not? Any help would be appreciated! The Sales Clerk said that Emachines is now better than what it was several years ago, don't know if its true or not, do you agree? He said HP was good and so was Emachines. I tried to help him as much as I could but I only know so much about computers, brands I'm not so familiar with what is good and what isn't. Thanks for the help!

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

www.cyberpowerinc.com

Weekly Special I Weekly Special III Gamer Ultra 5000 Value

[​IMG]

-AMD™ Athlon™ XP-2500+ CPU
    -ASUS A7N8X-X Nforce-2 400 FSB MB
    -256MB PC3200 DDR400 Memory <--upgrade this to 512mb
    -80GB 7200 RPM ATA 100 Hard Drive
    -ATI Radeon 9600 128MB AGP 8X
    -52x24x52x CD-RW
    -Nforce 5.1 3D Surround Sound
    -600Watt Subwoofer Speakers
    -X-Blade Medium Tower 450W Power
    -Build-in LCD Temperature Display
    $459
    Special Offer:
    -Free 1-Year Onsite Service
    -Free 6-in-1 Flash Media Reader <might as well get the free stuff.
    -Extra $70 Mail-In rebate when purchased with Epson C84 <get this printer, it's one of the cheapest TCO printers you can buy.
    -Upgrade to NU 6X DVD+RW $39 <get this DVDRW as well.

3. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

4. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Emachines is better than it used to be, Dell isn't bad. HP and Compaq still stink. You be best off buying custom as the system above.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/210495

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice